Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Help local veterans in need this winter season by donating food items and blankets and coats now through Dec. 14. Both the food drive and blanket drive are hosted by Operation Warrior’s Foundation, Inc. And Mrs. Northern California-America 2013. Items can be left at a donation box placed at the Tri-City Army Recruiting Center located at 39194 Paseo Padre Pkwy. To see other donation box locations throughout the region, click here.
- Exercise your right to vote on Tuesday. Registered voters will head to the polls to choose whether to re-elect President Barack Obama or to elect Republican nominee Mitt Romney. But voters will also be asked to vote on local races, measures and state propositions. For more information about those races and measures, click here. Stay tuned to Fremont Patch on Tuesday night for up-to-the-minute live coverage.
- Business owners, learn how to grow your company and take it to the next level at the free East Bay Small Business Symposium this Thursday at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Union City (32083 Alvarado-Niles Rd.). Held from 7:30 to 11 a.m., the event will feature guest speakers and will provide assistance in developing a business plan for new business owners, how to manage growth for those already established and how to enter new markets for mature businesses. For more details and how to RSVP, click here.
- Dust off your dancing shoes! Gus Wedermeyer and the 3 O'Clock Jump Big Band are coming to the Fremont Library this Saturday at 2 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
- Find unique and special holiday gifts while enjoying delicious food and baked goods this Sunday during Temple Beth Torah's Annual Hanukkah Fair and Gift Boutique. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the synagogue, located at 42000 Paseo Padre Pkwy. The event boasts "the best original homemade latkes."