Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Baby baggage adding extra pounds? Join Tri-Cities/Milpitas Stroller Strides, a total fitness program designed for moms to workout while entertaining and engaging their babies. The program includes power walking, strength exercises and other workouts intertwined with singing and activities for the babies, too. The group meets Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9 a.m. on the second floor of NewPark Mall in front of the Sears store. Classes are also held Sunday afternoons in Fremont. The first class is free, with regular classes starting at $15 a session. For more information, click here.
- Abode Services is offering community members a tour of Sunrise Village, the Fremont nonprofit's emergency shelter for families and individuals in need. The event will be held Tuesday from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. and will allow visitors to meet with staff and the residents who are being helped by Abode's programs. For more info or to register for the tour, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 657-7409 ext. 203.
- Want to spruce your garden up with native succulents and cacti? Then visit Fremont Library Tuesday at 7 p.m. as naturalist Paul Heiple explains the color, structure and uses of these beautiful drought-tolerant plants.
- Verizon Wireless offers free cell phone workshops throughout the month of November. On Tuesday and Thursday of this week, the Verizon Wireless store located at 43502 Christy St. in Fremont will over classes to teach you how to utilize all of your phones functions, from capturing photos and videos to compiling to-do lists and making conference calls. The workshops will cover both Android and iPhone platforms.
- Local business owners are invited to join Fremont Flowers for a networking mixer this Wednesday from 5 to 7 p.m. The event will provide a venue for business owners to mingle while highlighting Fremont Flowers. Established in 1956, the local business has been known for providing great service with quality flowers and gift items.