Updated: Wednesday, 12:55 a.m.
Five individuals are hoping to fill two open seats on the Fremont City Council and taking the lead are incumbent Suzanne Chan and candidate Vinnie Bacon.
With all 107 precincts reporting, Bacon has garnered 26 percent of the votes counted, while Chan has gained 23 percent of votes.
For Bacon, it appears third time was a charm. Bacon had unsuccessfully ran for Fremont City Council in 2008 and 2010.
This will be Chan's second four-year term on the council. She was first elected to her seat in 2008.
Click here for election results.
Here's more information about the Fremont City Council candidates:
- Vinnie Bacon – A chief technology officer who unsuccessfully ran for Fremont City Council in 2008 and 2010.
- Suzanne "Sue" Chan – An incumbent who is seeking a second term on the council. Chan was first elected onto the council in November 2008.
- John Dutra – A business owner and member of the city’s Economic Development Advisory Commission.
- Rick Jones – A former Fremont police officer and current Fremont Adult School instructor.
- Rakesh Sharma – A retired cancer researcher and former Fremont planning commissioner.
- Mark L. Wadley – A surgical technologist and longtime Fremont resident who served in the Navy/Naval Reserve.
Chan is the sole incumbent hoping to keep her seat on the council. Councilman Dominic Dutra has opted out of running for council again.