Fremont City Council is now accepting applications from individuals seeking to fill the vacant seat on the five-member council.
Councilmembers voted Tuesday to proceed with an appointment process in finding a person to fill the council seat that became vacant as a result of Bill Harrison being elected mayor.
The deadline to submit an application is Friday, Dec. 21 and all applications must be received by noon that day, according to fremont.gov. Applicants must be Fremont residents.
Individuals who would like to apply are required to submit a resume, letter of interest, a supplemental questionnaire and fill out a Council Vacancy Application (Click link to download). Anyone who would like to pick up a copy of the application can do so at Fremont City Hall, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A.
Application packets can be submitted to email@example.com or can be mailed in or handed in to Fremont City Hall, 3300 Capitol Ave., Building A in Fremont.
Once the deadline passes, all applications will be considered by the city council. Here’s more from the City of Fremont:
Wednesday, January 9, 2013 Special Council Meeting at 4:00 pm.
- City Council discusses applications and reviews possible interview questions, and also decides which process to use for appointment (alternatives below):
- Make a selection based on discussion of the candidates and motion of the Council for one Candidate; or
- Decide to rank the top 3-5 candidates and interview them; or
- Decide to interview all candidates
Monday, January 14, 2013 Special Council Meeting at 6:00 p.m.
- Conduct interviews of top ranked candidates and rank and select preferred candidate.
Individuals who would like more information are asked to call the Office of the City Clerk at 510-284-4060.