Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- While some Fremont schools have already returned to school, classrooms of schools with the Fremont Unified School District will be empty for another week. It’s the last week of summer vacation for Fremont Unified schools. Those schools begin the school year on Sept. 5. Want to know other important dates of the 2012-13 school years for Fremont public and private schools?
- Local moms of young babies who are looking to get some exercise can join , a fitness program held at NewPark Mall. And the first class is FREE. Classes are held at 9 a.m. every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. for more information about the one-hour class.
- Seniors looking to screen their blood pressure and glucose levels can do so for free this Tuesday. The Fremont Senior Center will have free blood pressure and glucose screenings from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. For more information or to make an appointment, call 510-790-6600 or .
- Love saving money by couponing? Join the East Bay Coupon Clippers on Wednesday as the members meet for the group’s monthly on Wednesday from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Panera Bread, 2650 Mowry Ave. in Fremont.
- Gather up your family and join the Fremont Assisted Living community for a Family BBQ from noon to 2 p.m. on Thursday. The event is open to the public and will include free food. For more information, .