Heads up! Here are five things going on this week that you should know about:
- Help local veterans in need this winter season by donating food items and blankets and coats now through Dec. 14. Both the food drive and blanket drive are hosted by Operation Warrior’s Foundation, Inc. And Mrs. Northern California-America 2013. Items can be left at a donation box placed at the Tri-City Army Recruiting Center located at 39194 Paseo Padre Pkwy. To see other donation box locations throughout the region, click here.
- Watch the final presidential debate Monday night at 5:45 p.m. the Fremont Main Library. After the debate, participate in a discussion facilitated by the League of Women Voters.
- Looking for a job? Then attend the Fremont Main Library's Link to Jobs workshop series. This week's workshop, held Monday from 7 to 8:30 p.m., will focus on "Researching Companies and Industries." Registration is required, so email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-745-1440.
- In honor of National Make a Difference Day the Walters Junior High community is calling on residents to help out on Saturday morning by cleaning up the campus and gardening. The school beautification event begins at 9 a.m. Volunteers are asked to bring gloves, shovels, hoes, brooms, water and wheelbarrows.
- Learn how to install and adjust your bike's brakes and take a community bike ride Sunday at CentriPEDAL Bikes. The local bike shop will hold a 30-minute clinic from 1:30 to 2 p.m. At 2 p.m., beginner teen and women bikers ages 13 and up will participate in a group bike ride. Slots are limited to 15 participants so sign up early. For more info, click here.