A press release from Assemblyman Bob Wieckowski
Fremont – Assemblymember Bob Wieckowski (D-Fremont) will recognize some outstanding local organizations and heroes on Thursday, December 13 during the 7th Annual State of the 20th Assembly District Address and Awards Ceremony in Fremont.
The event, which is free and open to the public, will be held at Boehringer Ingelheim, Inc., 6701 Kaiser Drive, Fremont. Registration begins at 5:30 p.m. and the program starts at 6 p.m.
The public is encouraged to bring a children’s toy and to call Wieckowski’s District Office at 510-440-9030 to reserve a free ticket. Space is limited.
Wieckowski will begin the program by providing a legislative overview of his first term in office and his agenda for his second term in the state Assembly. The remainder of the program will focus on the contributions made by the local heroes and organizations.
“This has become a wonderful tradition each December,” Wieckowski said. “The individuals and organizations to be honored have devoted an enormous amount of time to our community and this event gives me an opportunity to publicly recognize their work.”
The honorees include:
- Brannin Dorsey – 2012 Champion for Education
- Finelite – Small Business of the Year
- The Kids Breakfast Club – Non-profit of the Year
- Hayward and Fremont Firefighters – Community Partners of the Year
- South Bay Labor Council – Advocate of the Year
- Tejinder Dhami – 2012 Unity Award Recipient
- Don and Roman Reed – Fremont Local Hero
- Darien Poon – Union City Local Hero
- Viola Blythe Community Services – Newark Local Hero
- Gays and Lesbians Organized for Betterment and Equality – Hayward Local Hero
- David Ashton – Castro Valley Local Hero
- Campus Alliance for Economic Justice (Café J) – San Jose Local Hero
- Aldyth Parle – Santa Clara Local Hero
- Milpitas Food Pantry – Milpitas Local Hero