From Fremont Police
Holiday shopping tips to help keep you and your vehicle safe.
- Remove all valuables from your vehicle (phone, wallet, laptop, camera, packages) - including GPS devices, cell phones, IPODS and chargers.
- Lock your vehicle and roll up all windows. Park in a well-lit, populated area and refrain from parking between two large vehicles.
- Use anti-theft devices such as alarms and steering wheel locks. Be aware and alert of suspicious activity or persons in the area.
- Place valuables in your trunk before arriving at the parking lot. If you need to drop off extra packages in the middle of your shopping, put them in your trunk and then move your vehicle to another area of the shopping center.
- Leave your expensive jewelry and gold chains at home in a secured area while you shop. Don’t allow a robber to snatch your jewelry.
- If possible, shop with a friend or family member. If you must be out alone at night, stay in well-lighted areas. Walk close to street lights, staying well away from dark corners and alleys.
- Remember, crime occurs during the day, evening, weekdays and weekends. Stay alert and be observant of any suspicious person or vehicle in your immediate area.
Please report suspicious activity to the nearest on-site security service or to the Fremont Police Department. Emergency 9-1-1 & non-emergency 790-6800, option 3.